Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Man I Love

(a few of the reasons why) I love my husband:

-because he calls me "bear"
-because he came up with the concepts of circle and anti-circle
-he came home from work early yesterday to bring me crackers and ginger ale to fix my throwing up
-he cuddles me every day
-he has the cutest smile wrinkles
-"wifth"
-he lets me tease him about his fish nipple
-he tells me he loves me every day
-he listens to me talk about my job
-he makes up songs for me and sings them to me
-at night when my feet are cold, he has me put them on his legs to warm them up
-he voluntarily watches movies like "Pride & Prejudice" and "Gone with the Wind" with me... and agrees that they're good!
- "lookin' for food, of course!"
-he loves to talk about politics with me
-even though he likes his hair short, he grows it out 'cause he knows I like it curly
-we actively plan our future together daily
-he kisses me every day before he goes to work, even though he has to wake me up to do it
-we are both terrible with money
-he scrapes my car for me
-he still sleeps in the same bed with me, even though sometimes I fart
-he surprises me with notes and flowers and gifts all the time
-he never gets impatient with me (and by never I really mean never)
-he can admit when he's wrong and is patient with me as I struggle to do the same
-he never, ever yells
-we laugh every single day
-I have never met anyone so understanding
-he tries, no matter what
-even though I have ugly days, I never am ugly to him, yet strangely he is not blind
-he makes me want to improve myself without feeling like my current self is inadequate


-for the first time in my life, I have known what it is to be loved, no matter what


Husband, you are my equal, the part of me that was missing. I love you so much. Happy Almost Second Anniversary of our wedding, and Fourth Year of being together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cheechako said...

-he still sleeps in the same bed with me, even though sometimes I fart.

For some reason guys seem to have an easier time with this than girls. I mean, as Someone Who Sometimes Farts and who's shared a bed with both.

Your list was beautiful. I am so happy for you!

6:18 PM  
Blogger pengalin said...

Yeah, he was the one who first taught me the meaning of a "dutch oven" (aka "covered wagon"), where he farted without me knowing it and then pulled the covers up over my head and trapped me there.

But in all fairness, my farts are totally worse than his for some strange, cosmically unfair reason.

Thank you so much for liking my list! It's nice to have people who understand.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home