Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Perfect Night

I came home from work this afternoon and snuggled in the arms of my love for fifteen minutes and then ran off to school for what promised to be an agonizing night of writing pages upon pages of statistical analysis..... only to have another member of my group step up to the job, allowing me to leave four hours early.

I ran outside to go to my car, being chased by the leading edge of a snow storm so thick that I couldn't see the mountains even though I was right next to them. It chased me all the way home, and as I walked up the walk to my house it hit- just in time for me to open the door and run into my Husband's arms.

We ventured out into the storm to get Redbox, and I spent the next half hour almost peeing myself with anxiety as other cars slipped and spun out and nearly broadsided us more times than I could count. We finally took refuge in a Taco Bell and spent time laughing and talking about our day while the traffic outside died down. I watched as his laugh lines showed again and again, and I kept thinking, I love this man.

He drove me home, safe and sound in 4-wheel drive, and snuggled me while we watched ridiculous movies together, but really we were just talking about why we loved each other. And as I sat and watched his profile, I wanted to cry because everything was just perfect.


Of all the things in the world, of all the places I could be or things I could be doing, there is nowhere on earth I would rather be than here, at home, in the life that we've built, sheltered from the storm, being held and loved by you, Husband.

I know I write stuff like this fairly often, and it's because after three years I can't find the words. I don't know how to tell you that every day you are comforting and familiar and new and exciting all at the same time. I don't know how to put into words how I look at you and see my best friend, and how that is a miracle to me. That you've seen me at my very very best, and my very very worst, and you love me more every single day- I can be more vulnerable than I've ever been and be the safest I've ever been at the same time. You've completed my life, brought me the puzzle piece of my heart that was missing.

I wish that I could find the words to tell you how much I love you, and how you are my miracle. But I can't, so until I do, I'm just going to keep trying.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that is just so sweet.*smiles*

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home