Friday, September 23, 2005

Quandry

Hm.

So what to do?

Dreamjob is great. Except for one very dishonest guy. Everyone hates him, and no one wants to work with him. This week I found out why. His lies led to me getting written up. What this means, I'm not quite sure. My boss didn't even tell me that it was a write-up, I had to find that out from office gossip. It's hard to fight something like that without sounding like the whiny employee.

So what to do? This is quite the quandry. Is this going to damage my pay? My chances for promotion?

Should I start looking for another job? This job is great. My boss, in general, is great. But I'm finding out she can't handle the Bullshit Employee very well. And by that, I mean not at ALL. But on the other hand, I get a lot of benefits. BUT on the other hand, do I really want to be in a job where I'm at the whim of some disgusting man who lies out his teeth and will probably never get fired solely because he's a minority?

So what do I do? I'm not quite sure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a crappy situation. I'm just a nurse, so the only advice I can offer is "document everything". I hate it when people use their minority status as an excuse for shoddy workmanship/ethic.

Can you challenge the write-up?

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to the "document everything" suggestion.

i'd keep my eyes open for another job...though without hearing more details, i feel bad giving even that much advice.

*hugs for you*

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that was me.

~cheechako

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! I wish I could talk about it more, I just don't want anyone from work to find out. Blah.

-pengalin

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home