Friday, September 02, 2005

Park City Poseurs

Husband and I seem to never be able to make up our minds. After he got home from class last night, we decided we were too tired to go to Powell that night and that we were going to save it for a long, uninterrupted weekend. So no Lake Powell this weekend. Instead we spent the day in Park City.

May I just say.... what a shit hole. I really dislike all the alpine chalet-style houses/stores/gas stations that just scream "We are AFFLUENT!!! Come and buy our ridiculously priced goods and pretend that you, too, are affluent!!" I thought it was also fitting that their little city symbol was the letters "PC" up on the mountainside. Touché.

Needless to say, when Husband and I bought our season lift passes a month ago, they were not at a resort in Park City. Blech.



And if you're wondering why I haven't said anything about Katrina.... it's because I just don't know what to say. News makes up the bulk of what I watch on TV, and I'm completely at a loss. I'm disgusted with the local/national/international response. It just isn't good enough. The entire National Guard should be mobilized already. They should have been there before the hurricane hit, evacuating the ones that couldn't get out themselves. I'm disgusted with the looters. Not the ones that take diapers and formula, but the ones that take jeans, jewelry and beer. Disgusted with the people that would shoot at helicopters and hijack the busses that are trying to save their asses. I hate that there is still a caveman living inside of people. And I hate that those people are being left there in despair to the point where that caveman comes out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my blog was as phenomenal as this! Here's where you will find solutions for acne treatments New information on acne treatments

3:40 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This could be one of the best Member sites (being church member) I have stumbled across. Can't wait to read more!!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home