Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!

My parents are flying in tonight. For the last few days, I've been thinking about/attempting to clean my house so they won't think I'm a total slob and anti-wife. What the hell, I've been working two jobs and going to school full time. It's not as if I come home after an 18 hour day and think, "Gee, I'd like nothing more than to clean right now!!" Shit.

Anyways, the upside of the parents coming to town is that 1) I get to see them (I'm such a daddy's girl), 2) We get to go to lots of restaurants that I can generally only go to once a month if that, and 3) It's always funnier when my parents are around. Especially when my mom swears. It's hilarious to hear my mother (the one who would get all sorts of angry every time I would say "pissed off" in high school) drop the words "shit" and "asshole" like they're going out of style. I love my mom.

The downside is that I have the slight pressure of feeling like my parents (especially dad) think my life isn't quite what it should be. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Now it mainly manifests itself in that I don't keep a perfect house and I am not SuperWife. Oh well, at least they're not pressuring us to have babies.... instead they want us to wait for a few more years, just like we want to! Thank heavens for small favors.

Oh, the other downside? I'm probably not going to post very much. Not like I've been posting a ton lately anyways. Unless we get in a big ol' family fight. Which tends to happen now and again, especially when my sister is feeling sick. She gets way cranky when she's feeling sick. And she's having her tonsils taken out tomorrow, so I'm betting she's going to be feeling pretty sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home