Saturday, August 27, 2005

Campy

Interesting weekend.

We went camping last night with some people from Husband's work. Fairly awkward, considering everyone wound up drunk except Husband and I. Why people get drunk while they go camping is a mystery to me. "Hey, we're near a big ol' fire pit and a lake, let's impede our ability to act rationally!!"

Anyways, it was weird. But the actual camping part wasn't bad. Nice wind and a little lightning and thunder. I slept better than I've slept in a long time. The only downside was that instead of opening my tent door to a desert full of desolation and nothing else, I opened my tent to a state park campground, all full of paved roads, landscaping, "modern" bathrooms, and a shitload of campers.

Why people think that campers count as camping will always boggle my brain. But whatever.

Anyhow, my run of luck certainly ran out, as I managed to stretch wrong and pull a muscle in my back so badly that we had to end our camping fun and go to the hospital instead.

Here's a good question- why is it that all backwater ER docs are pricks? I think it's because they're pissed that you actually CAME to their hospital and made them work instead of letting them be very busy playing parcheesi or something.

Anyhow, here I am, trying to survive with a brutally painful back. I have muscle relaxers, but I had to work tonight, and I can't really do that if I'm all high on relaxy goodness. Hell. At least I'll sleep well tonight.

We'll try this camping thing again in a month or so. The right way, in the desert, full of cacti and such. Although I will DEFINITELY not make the same mistake I did last time we were all cactus-y. I took a midnight bathroom break while wearing my sandals and wound up kicking a cactus that was buried in the sand. Hard. You can imagine what happened after that.

Anyways, yeah. Only steel toes for me from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home